Pages

28 May 2011

Day 52

Went to watch Heiner carve a sculpture for me at 9am. Stayed and watched until 11, then walked to the Reserva Monteverde - which was a lot farther than I was told. I walked around the reserve and saw a lot of birds - many wrens and hummingbirds that I couldn't identify, but also another Emerald Toucanet, an American Swallow-tailed Kite soaring through the valley, and followed the cry of a Scarlet-rumped Cacique.

Heiner finished my sculpture around 3, then I went back to my hostel, and my roommate taught me how to braid complex bracelets. Then we went to a dance performance, which was a mixture of traditional dances and dances by the various hippy's who've relocated here, so interpretive, acro-yoga and gumboot dancing. Really cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment