Pages

8 May 2011

Day 32

Research Log
A brighter day today, so I was able to spend more time on the trails. Saw a few spider monkeys. Tried my luck kayaking up the canal. Didn't see any monkeys, but I saw a lot of birds. The plant above is called the five-o'clock plant, because the leaves close up at 5, when it starts to get darker out.

Animal of the Day
Anhinga - Anhinga anhinga
The Anhinga is sometimes called the piano bird because of the black and white feathers across its wings. It's like a cormorant, and makes me feel like I'm at home when I see them drying out their wings. Only they're on a tropical branch not a frigid Pacific boulder.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic looking bird, I am so jealous that you get to see all these new kinds, one day....one day. With all the rain, have you got webbed fingers yet or gills behind your ears. Take care Sweetheart. Love you Dad XXX

    ReplyDelete